Monday, November 19, 2012

Life-Changing Coffee Tip

I just wanted to quickly post a little foodie tip that I got from a friend that has rocked my coffee world.
I've made no effort to hide that fact that I live a caffeine-fueled life. As I speak, err type, I am holding my 2nd cup of the day.
And by cup I mean pot.
So if something changes my coffee world, you can take that coffee to the bank. You can take it anywhere, really. Actually I'd recommend not leaving home without it.
So here it is -
Sprinkle a teaspoon to a tablespoon (depending on how strong you want it and how big your coffee pot is) of ground cinnamon over coffee grounds before you brew them. Then brew coffee as normal.
Holy yum. The brewing process really brings out the cinnamon flavor and it's a great complement to a mild coffee, because it's not coyingly sweet or overpowering. 
Make sure you give it a little try before you add cream or sugar. Usually my coffee is about 25% cream and sugar, but since I started this I've just been adding a couple tablespoons of milk and no sugar.
I should probably thank that friend for the tip...
Thanks, Bay!
...I don't think she heard me....
Well, I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment