Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Biscoff Pumpkin Cheesecake

For those of you keeping track at home (which is probably no one, and I don't blame you), this post is a day late. I had full intentions of having it up yesterday, but then I found out I didn't have to work today. I did  a  little happy dance, then immediately began packing up to head home and making the 3 1/2 hour drive to Van Buren County. So that is what I was doing instead of making cheesecake and writing this.

If your family is like mine, you probably know exactly who is going to bring what to Thanksgiving dinner, because it is the same thing they bring every year. Everyone in my family has their one favorite dish that another family member makes. For me, it is my Aunt Stacey's taco dip. It's hot. It's cheesy. It's just a little spicy. Yum.

For my sister, it's Uncle Danny's chocolate layer pie. It's got a layer of chocolate pudding, a layer of chocolate pudding with whip cream folded in, and is topped with whip cream. I kid you not, that 80 pound girl can eat an entire one by herself. It's incredible.

But for my Uncle Danny, it's not Thanksgiving without my pumpkin cheesecake. I started making it a few years ago, and since that fateful Thanksgiving day it's an unwritten rule that I will bring the pumpkin cheesecake to every holiday. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let me in the door without it.

Sorry I don't have any pictures for this one, I only make it for the holidays and I haven't made it yet this year. You're just going to have to use your imagination.

Now usually I make this in a graham cracker crust. This year I am going to make the crust from Biscoff cookies.
Have you tried these? They are so good. They also make this great Biscoff spread. It's delicious. You could sandwich that between tire rubber and it'd taste good.
I'm going to post this Biscoff crust recipe with the warning that I haven't tried this yet. I am substituting it, one for one, into my graham cracker crust recipe. I'll post back tomorrow if it needs to be corrected. Or if you try it, let me know how it goes!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Biscoff Pumpkin Cheesecake


Crust: 
2 cups crushed Biscoff cookies
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 stick butter, melted


Filling:
8 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup brown sugar

1 can pumpkin puree
3 eggs

1/4 cup hazelnut coffee creamer, liquid or dry (I prefer liquid)
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon pumpkin spice


Directions:
Crust: 
Preheat oven to 375F.
Crush Biscoff cookies in a food processor. Add sugar and cinnamon; pulse to combine. Add melted butter until you have a moist "dough." Press into a pie pan and bake 10 minutes.

Filling:
Preheat oven to 375F.
In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, mix cream cheese and brown sugar. Mix in pumpkin puree and eggs, one at a time. In a seperate bowl, combine cream, coffee creamer, and pumpkin pie spice. Slowly add cream mix, and blend until smooth.
Pour into pre-baked pie crust. Bake 45 minutes, until center is set. Cool to room temperature before cutting.


UPDATE! Here's a picture of the cheesecakes this year. I made them at my in-laws, and, since I don't carry my homemade pumpkin spice blend in my purse (yet), I had to do a little improve.
I used pumpkin spice coffee creamer and nixed the hazelnut and other spices.
Still delicious.
And, bonus! I found a new favorite coffee creamer.
Until I start buying Christmas flavors. White chocolate peppermint? Yes, please.
Anyway, I was in kind of a rush to make these, so I only have a final product picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment