Thursday, August 9, 2012

Double Chocolate Whole-Wheat Cookies

Lately I've been experimenting with whole wheat flour. I bought a bag to make bread, but didn't really like how it turned out, so now I have a bag of whole wheat flour just hanging out in my pantry.
Today I made these double chocolate cookies. I'm not claiming that they are low calorie or anything, just a little better (probably). Baby steps...
I had some friends stop by just as these were coming out of the oven.
Coincidence?
Doubtful.
I got great reviews from them and my husband before I told them that they were made with whole wheat flour. I guess that means these are comparable white flour cookies.
I think next time I'll try peanut butter and jelly cookies.

Double Chocolate Whole-Wheat Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs 
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375F
Cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing each in thoroughly. Add vanilla and mix well. 
Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Whisk or sift to combine. 
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet. Make sure that each addition is completely mixed in before adding the next. 
Stir in chocolate chips. 
Scoop into balls and drop on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. 
Bake at 375F for 10-14 minutes.

Eat six. 
What?
They're whole wheat. It evens out.
Right? 

Accidentally stuck my thumb in the one in the corner...guess that's mine too. Ooops :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment